Monday, September 15, 2008

Suzie Homemaker...

...or just Wendy whacked out on domestication?




My friend Cindy told me to take a picture and add it to my blog, so I'm taking her advice! The above photograph is the result of a week long surge of domestic energy. You see Cindy and I had the fabulous idea to can some peaches and the snowball got a rollin'! On Monday we did the peaches, Tuesday I canned tomatoes, Wednesday I canned salsa, Thursday I took a hiatus, Friday I made raspberry jam, Saturday another break, and then Sunday I made bread. It is lucky that this picture is taken somewhat from above so that it is not so obvious how flat the bread came out. But hey! This feels like an accomplishment to me so I'm going to run with it. We even picked the tomatoes ourselves and if you can believe it Abbie said (and I quote), "I love to pick tomatoes!" They had a great time.


This has not only been a time of harvest, it is also off to school for the girls! Carly has loved kindergarten. Every day she brings home a worksheet or artwork that she has done that day and proudly shows me. For the first few days we got detailed descriptions of what she had done such as "I got to school. I hung up my backpack..." you get the picture. Now that school is such an old hat we usually get a few less details. This week she is the "Star Student" so she got to take in a poster all about herself and do fun/special things all throughout the week. She is really excited about it!





I wasn't planning on enrolling Abbie in preschool because basically I'm too cheap and didn't think she really needed it, but someone in my neighborhood invited me to join in a kind of joy school that they were doing and I'm really glad I did. Abbie is super excited about going to school (she goes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings) and she can't wait to compare with Carly what they did that day in school. Although the girls are 23 months apart, their birthdays are such that Abbie will only be one year behind Carly in school so she can't wait for next year to come so that she can ride the bus too!



Well that's about all the fun we can stand around here aside from the fact that our AC/heater is broken and the repair man is here now to fix it. Gotta run!









4 comments:

The Egg-heads said...

All right there Suzie Homemaker.....let me get this straight. Tomatoes, salsa, jam and bread!? You totally kicked my domesticated butt! I only got to tomatoes, made 3 loafs of Zuchinni bread, grated and froze the rest of our zuchini, and then made 2 apple pies. Okay, so that's not bad. What's next on your domestic list? I am SO in!!!

The Doutre Family said...

See, isn't blogging fun! I made salsa once. It was fun. We need to hang out at the Treehouse on Wednesdays. When does Carly get out of school? Avery gets out at 11 a.m.

Marge said...

You are out of CONTROL! Send some of that domestication down my way will you. Every once in awhile I'll get a hinkering like that but it doesn't come around very often. As of late we've been making banana bread muffins (just regular banana bread but in muffin tin) with our older bananas and Elizabeth really likes them. I hope they go the AC fixed!

Rie Rie said...

Hey Neighbor! I found you! Your blog is cool! Check mine out! I am on Monika's page if you haven't already!