Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road...

I'm sure you're singing the title just like I am right now. If you haven't heard the version by Keane, I high recommend it!

Halloween was pretty fun this year. Unfortunately we were not able to host a party this year (so don't hate us because you thought we forgot to invite you) because our house is too small and we are too poor. But Drew and Carly had the day off and so we had plenty of time to get ready, take some fabulous pictures, show off our costumes to Drew's mom, get dinner, and then hit the streets for some serious trick-or-treating. Drew and I switched off who was at home giving out candy and who took the girls out. It was nice. Not so rushed as years past since we didn't try to visit every relative or get lost trying to find a trunk-or-treat in West Point (last year...don't ask!)





We also got into the spirit of things by making a "haunted house" to decorate our house with. Carly took it in to her class for show and tell since the letter of the week was H and the theme was Halloween. It couldn't fit much better right? Unfortunately they ran out of time in her class due to other festivities and she didn't get to do her show and tell. Oh well...we tried. At least I remembered to send something with her this week. We're kind of hit and miss with the show and tell items I'm afraid.

Another development this month has been my discovery of digital scrapbooking. Where has this been all my life? It is fantastic! It takes every bit as long to create a page (at least for me) but you can download all sorts of paper, embellishments, stamps, etc. for free online and the best part...you can change your pages as many times as you like if you're not happy with the results. I also can't wait to print them off in a nicely bound book rather than finding room to store yet another 3-inch binder. So I don't answer the door or the phone when you try to contact me, you can bet that I'm parked in front of the computer and too engrossed to break free!
















6 comments:

monika said...

You guys are too good to be true! Such a cute family and blog. Where do you do your digital scrapbooking? I found smilebox recently, but then someone told me you can have your blog printed into a scrapbook, so I've been putting all my eggs into one basket there. Anyway, thanks for sharing and keep up the posts!

The Egg-heads said...

How the hell do you do it?!!! That family halloween photo is AWESOME! Props to you. INCREDIBLE!!! I love it---well worth the effort. Let me in on the secret, photo shop, or what!?? I love your guts and loved the update!

The Doutre Family said...

I love the costumes! I'm glad you guys had a fun Halloween!

Sherri said...

Ok, I had to say "hi". (This is Gwyn's mom -aka Sherri.) I found Monika's blog through a girl I went to school with and now I found yours through her. And then I noticed one of your friends on your blog list is a Doutre(I like to see if there are ever any people I know, and I've found a few) and my cousin's blog is listed on hers(my cousin's also married to a Doutre). Blogging sure does make the world a smaller place. I love your Halloween pictures. Did you make them?

Four Winns said...

Wow! I hope you didn't run into the Vernons - I heard they were wearing the same thing!

Rie Rie said...

Did you photoshop the yellow brick road behind you? That is what Darin does. If you notice on Monikas blog, Darin did the picture of Halle and Jack in the sky. Not to mention all the ones of Darin and Gavin in their star wars pictures. Well done Wendy.