Friday, May 20, 2011

Savannah Turns 3!

We officially have a 3-year-old at our house! Yesterday was Savannah's birthday and we celebrated "Purple Rapunzel" style. Unfortunately I am still not running on all cylinders (perhaps I never really am) and felt way behind on getting things ready for her party. I spent the day putting together a few decorations, wrapping her gifts & of course making the cake. But somehow time got away from me and I wasn't able to really start on the actual cake decorating until 5:00. Since her party started at 6:30 this was not nearly enough time. So needless to say the cake was mediocre at best. But to be honest, she didn't really care. She was just happy to have her cousins, aunts & uncles, and grandparents all there to celebrate with her.

I realized that with my time off from blogging before Brooke arrived, I didn't get the chance to post pictures of Easter. I wanted to be sure and get them up because my mom deserves a shout out. I had intentions to make all three of the girls coordinating dresses this year, but I found one for Savannah that was really cute and went with the fabric I had already bought. So I saved myself a little time by buying her dress. I made Carly and Abbie's dresses and then turned them over to my mom for the finishing details. That is what really made the dresses. She did all the pleating on the bottom of the dresses by hand and I know it was very time consuming, so thanks Mom! They turned out great!
I can't end this post without a couple of pictures of our sweet baby. They just don't come any cuter!

2 comments:

The Egg-heads said...

Savannah is beautiful, the cake was another success and the Easter dresses are gorgeous! And let's not forget sweet little Brooke, oh she's so cute! You are one busy mama!!

The Doutre Family said...

What a CUTE baby! You guys make the cutest kids! I'm sorry I haven't made it down to see you yet. I just happen to go to Logan if I really need something but I will come and see you in July when we get back from Indiana. And I can't wait for the wedding of Brooke and "Rodrigo"! What the crap am I going to do with a boy?!