Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St. Patty's and More Projects

We decided to be "extra" festive by having a theme dinner for St. Patrick's Day, so Drew whipped up some shamrock pancakes and we finished off the meal with green grapes, green apples, and not-green sausage (thank goodness).
Abbie seems excited, don't you think? Notice the coat she is wearing. I have to ask her to take that coat off or she would be wearing it at all times. She is such a creature of habit.
Sweet Savannah
Our own little leprechaun
I have to take a moment to brag about my wonderful husband. After going to the grocery store on Saturday (Yes...he will volunteer to do the grocery shopping), he and Abbie surprised me with a bouquet of flowers. So sweet. And they are my favorite colors. I love that peachy-pink! Beautiful!
This is a cake that Drew and I made last weekend for one of Carly's awesome teachers. It was for her two teenage daughters and she wanted something fun and vibrant.
Onto the sewing projects for the week. I decided to make Carly a skirt with some fabric I had left over from aprons last year. It didn't turn out quite like I had envisioned and it caused MUCH stress. My sewing machine was doing so well for a while there that I was actually enjoying sewing, but alas! I'm afraid it is back to it's old evil ways of crappy sewing quality. I know that it is a tension problem but I just cannot seem to remedy the situation. Instead I sew, unpick, sew, unpick, sew, and then give up in frustration. But oh well...Carly is adorable as usual! I found a shirt to match at Kohl's (that place is dangerously close to my house and my bank account shows it) and I made a little matching flower pin to complete the ensemble.
And lastly is a car seat cover for the babe. I originally was planning on trying to match the fabric on the inside of the seat but that proved much too difficult. And after all...the blanket covers the seat anyway so who really cares?
Here's a close up of the flowers I made to put on the straps. Gotta glam it up a little, right?

2 comments:

The Egg-heads said...

All right Wendy, seriously, you're making the rest of us look bad.....
I didn't even dress my kids in green on St. Patty's day (my excuse is we were at a funeral all day...does that count?) You are phenomenal, and I can't wait to see that cute little baby in the car seat!! Love your posts, you need a crafting blog too! You're sooo good!

Marge said...

Love the car seat cover and the blog posts - keep up the great work!