Thursday, January 15, 2009

A new year...A new look!

I tried to "fancy up" the blog a bit by creating a new background. Sure, it took a few attempts and an hour or so to get the job done but I think it turned out okay. One of these days I'll have to get around to making a header that matches but I've obviously spent too much time on this thing for one day!

Not much is happening around our house. Carly and Abbie are glad to be back in school and Savannah has discovered a new favorite toy...the wipe package. It just makes such fascinating crackling noises!

Savannah and Bullseye intently watching the latest episode of "Man vs. Wild" with Mommy and Daddy. Did he really just eat that spider? Ugh!


Carly reading "It is Ann." These may not be the most well-written books but they seem to be doing the trick. Carly has learned to read so many words now and is doing really well.

8 comments:

Marge said...

What happens to Ann? I'm dying to know. Glad to hear all is going well in the Maxfield household. Keep up the great blogging.

monika said...

It turned out cute, Wendy! Dusty loves Man vs. Wild too. I've been on here for hours cause my blog got screwed up with my last post! If your sidebar ever falls to the bottom, I've learned it's due to a picture being too large. After only 2 hours of research and a bit of ignoring children...ugh!

Tiffanie said...

Awesome background! How did you do it? I am lucky if I can get a generic one to download correctly. I would never try to make one myself. I am very impressed.

The Egg-heads said...

sup chica? I love the background, well worth the effort. So cute! (but not as cute as those adorable girls of yours!)

MaryLee said...

Wendy & Drew,

I know this is completely out of the blue. I have a little cookbook that I got from Northwest Research years ago that I use every so often. Your names appear on several of the recipes as I scroll through the pages.

The other day when I was using this cookbook and I saw your names I was curious where life has taken you, so I googled you to see if you happened to have a blog. Luckily, I found this!

Your family is adorable and it looks like life has treated you well. Glad to see what you've been up to.

MaryLee Schoenfeld

mschoenfeld2002 at yahoo dot com

MaryLee said...

Yeah, me again. Wendy, I've been doing the digital scrapbooking thing now for about 2 1/2 years. I'd love to talk more about it with you sometime...all of my friends who do the digital scrapbooking thing live far away. I'm always trying to get my other friends into it (I keep promising they will love it) so I was really excited to see that you do it too.

The Doutre Family said...

She's getting so big! She looks like a Maxfield girl for sure!

Sherri said...

I'm not very good at sending those books back to school with Gwyn. I think we're just getting to "Ann".

Thanks for having Gwyn over. I added you to my links (if that's okay). I usually don't find out much about people, otherwise!