Thursday, January 12, 2012

Yarn Geek

For the past few weeks I find that every time I go into Wal-Mart or a craft store, I'm drawn to the yarn aisle. I have become a yarn geek! I just love to go look at all the colors and textures and I want to buy them all! I've switched from knitting to crochet for the last few projects and I think it is a little less easier for me. The only downside is that I must have terrible crocheting posture because I've had a stiff neck for the past two weeks straight. Drat!

Someone else has been busy around our house lately. I went to get little Miss Brooke out of bed the other afternoon from a nap and this is what I found:
She is standing! And I also included the next photo because I just love her expression. She's probably thinking, "Why are you taking a picture of me instead of getting me out of here Mom?"

We also did a cake last week for Drew's niece Katie, who turned 8 this year. She wanted a grand piano and yes...it played music! Drew rigged up the base of the cake to hold his phone hidden underneath playing piano music. I have to admit...it was pretty awesome! Thanks Drew!

And lastly, I wanted to let everyone know that I have added a new service on my Etsy shop to restore old photos. I think this is so fun and hopefully something a service that people are in need of. So if you know anyone who has some photos that need fixin', send them my way please! You can find it here!

No comments: