Friday, August 26, 2011

Abbie in Wonderland

A very merry birthday to Abbie! She turned 7 today and was so excited. She has been asking for weeks "how many days until my birthday?" We whipped up some decorations for the house to make it a little more "wonderland"ish. Fortunately our guests did not have to produce a key or cry a river in order to get through the door.

Now you know it's all about the cake at our house these days. In order to make the Alice in Wonderland cake I had to take the majority of the day off from working. It took about 6-1/2 hours to do by myself (the downside of Drew working in SLC is that he can't get off early to help with cakes any more). It is a little crowded because I wanted all of the elements to show from the front and placement is not really my forte, but all in all I'm happy with the results.

The Rabbit's pocket watch and the club painting the roses
The Mad Hatter's hat, the Cheshire Cat and the "eat me" cookies (note: the "drink me bottle is down at the bottom on the cake board)


The doorknob

Another big day this past week was the first day of school. Cary is in 3rd grade now and Abbie is in 2nd. We are all very excited to be starting a new year!







4 comments:

ang said...

She told us that her cake was going to be Alice, but not that her whole house was going to be Alice!!! You are amazing! We are so lucky to get to spend another year with the maxfields:)

Donna Madsen said...

Wonderful cake! Your talent is amazing!

The Egg-heads said...

Wendy, dawling, you never cease to amaze me. What incredible memories your girls will have of their birthdays and their amazing cakes!!! That Alice cake is by far my favorite, your attention to detail is utterly amazing.

I loved the back to school pics, Carly is looking at you like, "Mom, seriously? YOu're taking my picture?" Love love it.

You are awesome, and amazing.

The Wilkinson Family said...

I want you to be my mom!! You are so talented!!
Love your girls :)