Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two new cakes

Since I'm no longer doing my "official" cake blog, I thought I would just post the pictures here on the family one to keep you all up-to-date. I have also added the cake slide show over on the right for your viewing pleasure.

The first cake was for our nephew Sean's 8th birthday. It is Heimlich from the movie "A Bug's Life." It was a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. The word "Sean" is supposed to look like it is spelled out with watermelon seeds but I'm not sure it worked out quite like the vision in my mind. That always seems to happen to me!


The next cake was for our niece Katie. She loves the Disney Fairies and I found a picture of a super cute cake online that I wanted to try. I cut down the size and had to cut out a lot of the detail that the original cake had, but I think it turned out pretty cute anyway. This cake was yellow with raspberry and lemon cream filling. Yummy!
I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Years. I wish I had some good pictures to post but unfortunately I got lazy (imagine that?) and used our little point and shoot camera instead of the SLR and the pictures were horrible. Just know that we had a great time and the girls have especially loved all the new video games we got for the Wii and DSi.

Baby #4 has yet to be named. It may be surprising since this is our fourth girl, but we actually seem to be having a harder time narrowing down a name this time. I thought I wanted something one syllable but now I'm not so sure. So far we like Brooke, Emma, Reese, Sloane (is that with an e or without? Don't know), and Kennedy. But the list seems to keep growing instead of getting shorter. Luckily? I have another 16 weeks left to decide. My pants are all getting a bit tight and I'm afraid I might have to give in soon and start wearing maternity clothes. Boo.

2 comments:

Marge said...

Cakes are amazing as always - love Heimlich - you are so talented. Glad to hear your holidays were well spent. Can't wait to meet the newest Maxfield. I like Sloane with an E. How about Paige or Mae or Jane

The Egg-heads said...

Your cakes are so amazing! Now I am wishing I would have had you make Ella's (did you see the one I made...pathetic). I love the Heimlich cake, incredible! And the detail on the fairy cake, so adorable (even the stones and flowers around the bottom are amazing!) I still can't believe you are 23 weeks and fitting into your regular pants.......you are one tiny prego!