Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dropped off the face of the Earth?

It's been quite a while since I've done a post. I'm going to blame it on being ridiculously busy as of late! I decided to apply for another transcription job with IHC and was kind of surprised when I got the job. It was quite a process. I had to go to training in Salt Lake the first week and then had to work up at McKay-Dee Hospital until I achieved their required level of speed and accuracy. They told me to plan on at least 2-4 months. This stressed me out to all extremes because it meant I had to find babysitters, and the fact that I have a todder, a morning kindergarten, and an all-day 1st grader only complicated the matter. I eventually was able to line up multiple babysitters every day for my various little ones and I must give an enormous THANK YOU to all of you that were able to help out! I so appreciate it! I had sitters lined up for all of March and April hoping that I could get the training done in 2 months instead of 4. Luckily, I was able to go home after just 1 month! Yeah! So now I am trying to get used to a set schedule working 24 hours for IHC each week, 20 hours or so for MDSI, and and hour or two for the Department of Health. Balancing 3 jobs, 3 kids, and 1 hubby has not been easy and I'm hoping to get the hang of it soon. As far as the fam, we are all doing well.

Savannah is talking like crazy which we all love. She is quite possibly the most polite toddler I know, always saying "deet do" (thank you) for everything and anything.

Abbie is gearing up for her big dance recital in May. I think she will be mostly excited to not have to go to dance class anymore and I'll be glad to not have to drive her!

Carly is busy doing extra chores to earn a "build a bear," so if anyone needs anything done, give her a call! Both she and Abbie have become quite efficient at scooping dog poop!

4 comments:

Marge said...

love the typing picture, hope you were able to get your desk and chair situation worked out so your neck is not all cramped up. if you need assistance with it please let me know - I'll come help you spacially (not a word) organize your work space better. I'm glad to hear you got done sooner then later.

monika said...

I love the picture too, Wendy! I don't know how you fit in a 40 hr work week with three little ones! You amaze me. If you ever need me to come get them and take them to the park, just holler! I still need to come get flowers. Thought about stopping by when I picked up Gavin yesterday, but saw you leaving. I will try again!

Sherri said...

I don't know how you do it, but you have a sweet little girl, there. I loved when you came to pick her up that she told you that she had been nice. She's smart. Claire's barely got a few words.

The Doutre Family said...

3 jobs! You are busy! My girls still talk about Carly and Abbie. We need to come down and see you guys one day but its hard with Avery (and Carly) in school all day and I work full time now. Oh well, we'll figure it out!